Teenage Gambling Addiction - Educating the Parents into this Problem
In order to realize whether or not your teenager develops a gambling addiction you should see for the following signs as this problem should be treated immediately and not let it develop in something more severe for their future life:
- The grades at school drop alarmingly.
- Social development is not evolving naturally.
- Self esteem brought to low levels.
- Self destructive behavior developing sometimes in suicidal thoughts.
- The habit of stealing or pawning the personal possessions.
- Having a negative attitude.
- Disappearing in the thin air cutting also school classes.
- Blaming the parents for their addiction.
- Mass media encouraging poker games through TV poker tournaments.
When these signs are obvious, then as a parent you need to take some action and educate yourself on the problem that your teenager is confronting with. In this respect parents raise some questions to the educational institutions to make sure that their teens while reaching school they get the best of the information related to local school gambling event.
- In case a student develops an addiction towards gambling, will school compensate the family for these effects?
- If needed, will school system cover the medical expenses?
- Who will be legally responsible in case a student will turn into an addicted gambler?
- How does the state law react?
- What will happen to the future of the children?
- How can a teen be convinced not to go to the local school gambling event when his colleagues are going?
Many parents will probably ask themselves how could this happen to them when they know that they were good parents? But the thing is that as a parent you should take your time and discuss with your teen about the effects of gambling on his present and future life.
Many parents might have never heard of such things being possible in schools since in the past there was no such thing as gambling activity at the post prom parties. Therefore some measures should be taken especially that according to law, no one under 18 of age is allowed to take part in gambling activities.
Gambling in its definition is firstly related to a risky venture and encouraging teenagers to these sorts of behavior can make their fragile mental status shake with doubts whether they are on a right path seeing that this activity can be encouraged by the school they attend to. School - the institution where they should be taught about the real values in life and the things that really build a positive future for them.